[OLPC library] new bugs, old bugs, borrowed bugs in the wiki/manual/PDF

S Page info at skierpage.com
Fri Feb 6 19:15:18 EST 2009

          I realize everyone's a busy volunteer.

Anne Gentle | Just Write Click wrote on 2008-11-30:

> There's a new non-G1G1 titled PDF - Adam Hyde, can
> you replace that g1g1_2.pdf
> <http://en.flossmanuals.net/publish/PDF/g1g1_2.pdf> with the newer
> revision of the manual's pretty print PDF (or tell me how to do it?) :)

The date of the PDF at that URL is still 2008-11-11, still has the
"G1G1" title.

> So, the truth, the whole truth is, that the laptop.org/manual
> <http://laptop.org/manual> and PDF and Help Activity should be
> synchronized.
> I will
> republish for the Help Activity and laptop.org/manual
> <http://laptop.org/manual> though.
But all three are unchanged and still not in sync.  I filed
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9239, "update and release new Help (activity)"

By the way, where is the master on flossmanuals.net that produces these
three formats?  Is it some hidden "remix" of the XO and Sugar manuals?

>     BUG: All the HTML pages are untitled because they have two <title> tags
>     and the first one is blank.
>
> I'll log this as a bug in trac.flossmanuals.net
> <http://trac.flossmanuals.net> to have dev investigate further. Thanks
> for pointing it out.
>
>     BUG: The PDF's Title in document properties is "Untitled"
>
> I'll log this as a request for enhancement at trac.flossmanuals.net
> <http://trac.flossmanuals.net>.

I don't see Trac bugs for these.

>     In the September thread "FLOSS Manuals visual presentation" I mentioned
>     a bunch of issues, they're all still present.  In
>     http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8513 I provided CSS that addressed some of
>     them.  Is there anything else I should do to ensure they and this new
>     feedback is not forgotten?  I'll transfer it to Trac bugs or
>     Flossmanuals if it'll help.
>

> Oh thanks for taking care of CSS work - hmm.

Note that the CSS fix I came up with is a small piece of the issues.
The ALL CAPS TOC, the confusing white is/isn't a link, the wrong orange,
the lack of distinction between visited and unvisited, etc.  See
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/library/2008-September/000755.html
But it's worth getting it out.

>  Next action? I will use
> that CSS in the next "publish" to the Help Activity. Do you, Seth or Mel
> have any bandwidth to show me how to use git to "check in" the new HTML
> files (with your new CSS?) Or if I attach new HTML to that ticket
> (8513), could you re-package for the Help Activity.

I have no file system or git access, just wiki admin privileges, and
none of this stuff is on the wiki.

Regards,
--
=S Page