[OLPC library] [FM Discuss] fixed

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Fri Sep 19 15:53:28 EDT 2008

by the way...u can run a script through your current sources (since u
look like a regex'er) and get those images to appear if it is easier for
you. the issue is that the files that do not appear are images starting
with the name '.resize'...

it is the '.' that is causing the problems. The images are actually
there so if u renamed them and the ref on the source it will work.

I'm fixing the issue now anyway so not sure if its worth your effort...

adam

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 21:49 +0200, adam hyde wrote:
> ok...i had actually introduced the second error. That is now reverted
> (fixed).
>
> The first one I can see has to do with resized images. I will need to
> rename some images and turn the automatic renaming of resized images off
> in the editor. This will take me 1/2 hr or so...first coffee...
>
> adam
>

> On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 14:41 -0400, Seth Woodworth wrote:
> > Whoops, I found a couple bugs in the Remix export functionality.
> >
> > When doing a remix from the FM site, it downloads the images for the
> > activity *mostly* correct.  There are two problems however:
> >
> > 1.) I've had a few images that didn't download, the image in this
> > chapter:
> > http://en.flossmanuals.net/XO/AboutOLPC
> > isn't in my export.  I haven't quite figured out if I'm missing more
> > images or which images *aren't* downloaded correctly.
> >
> > 2.) The HTML (and this may be bjordan's parsing and not FM's export
> > function) continues to link to the image stored on FM's site as on the
> > site.  So for instance my downloaded copy still pulled images from:
> >
> > http://en.flossmanuals.net/floss/publish/XO/rsrc/XO_for_kids/Feet_and_smile_1_1.jpg
> >
> > which means that the exported version doesn't work unless I'm online.
> >

> > In resolution to #2 a simple script can change those to local urls:
> >
> >         #!/bin/bash
> >
> >           for file in *; do
> >

> >           mv $file $file.old
> >

> >           sed 's,http://en.flossmanuals.net/floss/pub/,./,g' $file.old
> >         > $file
> >

> >           rm -f $file.old
> >

> >         done
> >

> > As for #1, I'll just update the images I need by hand.
> >
> > BTW, thank you mikus for finding bug #2 last night and reporting it
> > promptly: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8558
> >
> > --SWw

Adam Hyde
Founder FLOSS Manuals