[OLPC library] fixed

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Fri Sep 19 15:49:39 EDT 2008

ok...i had actually introduced the second error. That is now reverted
(fixed).

The first one I can see has to do with resized images. I will need to
rename some images and turn the automatic renaming of resized images off
in the editor. This will take me 1/2 hr or so...first coffee...

adam

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 14:41 -0400, Seth Woodworth wrote:
> Whoops, I found a couple bugs in the Remix export functionality.
>
> When doing a remix from the FM site, it downloads the images for the
> activity *mostly* correct.  There are two problems however:
>
> 1.) I've had a few images that didn't download, the image in this
> chapter:
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/XO/AboutOLPC
> isn't in my export.  I haven't quite figured out if I'm missing more
> images or which images *aren't* downloaded correctly.
>
> 2.) The HTML (and this may be bjordan's parsing and not FM's export
> function) continues to link to the image stored on FM's site as on the
> site.  So for instance my downloaded copy still pulled images from:
>
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/floss/publish/XO/rsrc/XO_for_kids/Feet_and_smile_1_1.jpg
>
> which means that the exported version doesn't work unless I'm online.
>

> In resolution to #2 a simple script can change those to local urls:
>
>         #!/bin/bash
>
>           for file in *; do
>

>           mv $file $file.old
>

>           sed 's,http://en.flossmanuals.net/floss/pub/,./,g' $file.old
>         > $file
>

>           rm -f $file.old
>

>         done
>

> As for #1, I'll just update the images I need by hand.
>
> BTW, thank you mikus for finding bug #2 last night and reporting it
> promptly: http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8558
>
> --SWw

Adam Hyde
Founder FLOSS Manuals