[OLPC library] fixed [[Library]] , some questions

S Page info at skierpage.com
Mon Oct 13 22:03:05 EDT 2008

Dear sj,

It took me 8 months to realize there is no Library activity, rather
there's a script that modifies your home page each time you install a
collection.

FYI I aggressively rewrote the start of
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Library to reflect reality.  I deleted most of
its OBX stuff which pointed to a bunch of test .po files.  I kept the
past and future planning.

I also added an installing section in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Collections to match the Activities page,
fixed most links to "Library grid", etc.

I have a few remaining questions:

* Is the term "content bundles" obsoleted by "collections"?

* Does Software update in 8.2.0 update collections as well as
activities?  I'm pretty sure it installed the Content Collections in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/G1G1/8.2 , but I haven't seen it
update any content yet.

* Is there a way users can tell where a collection will appear in the
library navigation?  (Geeks can unzip the .xol and read
library/library.info ...)

* Someone wrote about the library in 9.1.0 requirements:
   The current API is a mess, doesn't match the documentation on the
wiki, is inconsistent with the activity.info format, etc.
But I don't know enough to fix that.

Thanks,
--
=S