[OLPC library] Deployment guide

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Oct 12 22:22:43 EDT 2008

The last book sprint worked so well that we are hoping to try again.
This time the goal is a guide for Deploying Linux in an Educational Environment.  Adam Hyde and I have talk briefly about some of the particular challenge.
Scope - This is a really broad. It is not as self contained as an application manual.
Participants - K12openminds, Sugar Labs, One Laptop Per Child, State of Illinois Department of Education.  The breadth and size of the writing group is increasing.
Experience - Several of the people that we will invite are published authors.  It will be interesting to see how they adapt to the FM colaborative style.
Physical sprint - Many of the participants are teachers and other educators so finding a week to get together may be difficult.
I have posted a project introduction at http://k12openminds.wikispaces.com/Deployment+Guide .
Our communication channel will (likely) be http://groups.google.com/group/k12opensource .

Now, for the hard part, finding a champion! If it were legal to clone Anne, I wold be down at my local biotech tring to explain to them why helping Sugar Labs clone Anne is in their best interest:) If you, or anyone you love, would be interested in championing the first FLOSS in school guide, let's talk!

thanks
david