[OLPC library] translations in place

s.boutayeb at free.fr s.boutayeb at free.fr
Mon Oct 6 14:29:39 EDT 2008

Hi Adam,

Quoting adam hyde <adam at flossmanuals.net>:

> On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 18:17 +0200, s.boutayeb at free.fr wrote:
> > Hy Adam,
> >
> > Do you think it's feasible
> > - to split the contribution of the translator (who does the translation)
> and the
> > editor (who corrects the translator's work), with 2 links ("translate" and
> > "edit" for example)?
>
> i dont understand what you mean. can you explain this more...

This is for Quality Assurance: someone does the translation and someother
reviews his work and corrects the possible errors. Of course, we can find
workarounds and distribute the roles informally. This is an useful option which
may be practical as the documentation project scales.

> > - How can we mark a chapter as done (either translated or edited?
>
> only maintainers can do this...can u send me a list of FLOSS Manuals
> usernames you wish to put on this list...
The FLOSS manuals are : sugar_fr and xo_fr
The core team : Cécile Wyler, Lionel Laské and myself Samy Boutayeb

I hope we may in a very near future add more contributors. I keep you informed.

Thank you in advance

Bests

Samy