[OLPC library] OLPC manual - request for assistance

Anne Gentle annegentle at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 12:11:09 EST 2008

Hi all -
I just wanted to send an update to the list about the work we're doing to
get the book available for sale in conjunction with the G1G1 launch. FLOSS
Manuals has paid the fee to get an ISBN number through Lulu's publishing
system and re-did the cover and interior to include the ISBN. I purchased a
proof copy which should arrive Monday. Once I approve the proof, according
to the Lulu FAQ, it make take up to 6-8 weeks to get the book listed on
Amazon.

Does anyone know how we could encourage Amazon to list the book sooner? The
ISBN number is 978-0-615-26067-9. Does anyone have a contact at Amazon who
can expedite this process?

I think that the manual's availability will help drive down support costs so
I believe this request is important. I have talked with Lulu representatives
and they recommend discussing with Amazon.

Thanks!
Anne

--
Anne Gentle