[OLPC library] Library Digest, Vol 12, Issue 4

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 18:20:24 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 2:49 PM, jae kim <jkim.pa at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am disabling this list

You had me worried there, until I realized that 'disabling' isn't what
you meant. You are unsubscribing from the list, then?

>   until the discussion becomes narrow toward
>   helping 3rd world children and family in real term, hopefully
>   more clinical and culture-sensitive. I had enough with tech-dominated
>   discussion.

It appears to me that you misunderstand the purpose of this list. It
is in part for discussions of getting content onto XOs and school
servers in a form that works with the XO software (tech), and in part
for discussions about what content is needed and how to get it (help
and cultural sensitivity). The tech is unavoidable.

If you have a specific point, or any number of points, of cultural
insensitivity to bring up, please do so. Going away mad doesn't help
us to understand what problem you see, nor does it help the children.
If you do find other mailing lists more suited to your interests,
please let us know abut them.

I don't know what you mean by a more clinical discussion. Less
emotional? More oriented to diagnosis and treatment?
--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/