[OLPC library] status update on Floss Manual for OLPC

Anne Gentle annegentle at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 00:28:36 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give another status update on the XO manual for kids
that's housed at Floss Manuals (flossmanuals.net). I had hoped to
ready the content for a freeze by February 15th, but instead of being
frozen, it was merely a slushy. But, I am making good progress on it
this week and I've enlisted the help of a professional editor to
assist in consistency in terminology. The Floss Manuals community has
been helpful as well - an appreciative shout out to them.

My hope is to "finalize" (is there such a thing in software doc?) the
manual by the end of next week, and hopefully Seth can work on a
layout design. I apologize to Seth for missing my deadline (I wanted
to hand it over tonight with my extra day in February!) I sincerely
hope we can still use his talents on this project.

I have written new topics in Floss Manual's wiki that I will also
ensure make it back into the wiki.laptop.org/go/Simplified_user_guide
page. I do want to once again commend the support community for their
FAQs and support wiki pages, they have been a tremendous help in
determining which tasks are most important to XO users.

Anne