[OLPC library] Curriculum for developing world OLPC - 3D Maya -> Scratch -> 3DOrbiter - Application based learning

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:40:13 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 10:56 AM, katie <katie at belisle.org> wrote:

> I am a professional mathematician and a long time school volunteer with
> enrichment maths (my daughter tells her friends that her Mamma is a
> Mathemagician!).

:-)  is there a better life-description?

> When I became involved with OLPC as a volunteer my primary goal was to
> bring some of the best maths software to the XO, either as a complete
> Sugar port, Browse activity access or other thin client, and help young
> children understand the beauty and importance of Mathematics, which is
> the fundamental language of the universe.

That it is.  And because it is such a fundamental language, it plays a
central role in art and music and other things which are themselves
deeply beautiful.

Aferti has been doing a little work cleaning up the [[math]] and
[[music]] pages; please take a look and add yourself and projects you
hope to work on there.

SJ