[OLPC library] Someday we have to get organized (Edward Cherli

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:38:01 EST 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 5:14 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > How to donate material
> >  * Blurb with link to extensive how-to *
> > How to contribute
> > * Blurb with link to extensive how-to *
> > How to translate
> > * Blurb with link to extensive how-to *
>
> Goody! More docs!

Heh.  In this case, there are versions of the docs in some form
already available; but this paticular view of them does not.

> I'm thinking about mapping tools for the Wiki also.
> http://cmap.ihmc.us/ for example. Has anybody used such tools? Are
> there any that would crawl a Wiki and then diagram all of its links
> and organize topic clusters? (See the game gplanarity for a fun
> demonstration of the nature of the problem. I'm currently on level
> 181.)

That's a nice idea for someone with access to one.   Using something
like Mindmeister to organize a redesign discussion would also be
interesting.    I remember getting tangled into many hours of
planarity years back; it's nice to see this version is maintained by
Monty.

Speaking of which, we should have him over to say hello, maybe give a
presentation.

SJ