[OLPC library] OLPC+MATLAB+Greene DNA Chip = Disease Tricorder for developing world

Kate Davis katie at belisle.org
Mon Jan 28 20:46:49 EST 2008

At Yale, we run Matlab gridWorks (??), which is, as I understand, a
distributed client-server type environment.

Perhaps a slim Sugar client with a Matlab server might be a good option?
There are some S+ c/s options, and I can check in to R.

Any computational biology projects are well beyond both the cpu and
memory capabilities of the XO, but the XO might be an extremely useful
remote data collection client, and analytic server client, in the right
setup.