[OLPC library] [Re] 'OLPC-Health' takes off !!

Adrian Midgley amidgley2 at defoam.net
Wed Feb 6 13:47:36 EST 2008

http://www.stephenfry.com/blog/
> ps. MUMPS or M is what makes VistA so resource efficient....it also is
> the platform for Epic, McKesson and several other major healthcare
> software applications...it is also used in the financial industry in
> high performance transaction processing environments such as ING Bank.
MUMPS underlies the commercial closed source software which has been in
use in a grprportion of UK general medical practices over the last 20
years or so.
It, EMIS, now holds the general medical practice records, whcih is to
say essentially all orgnaised primary care records, for around 40% of
the UK population.

We are not short of M expertise in the UK.