[OLPC library] [Re] 'OLPC-Health' takes off !!

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Tue Feb 5 18:41:01 EST 2008

Excellent!

I would love to see how our two groups can move forward together.

We are working on three levels of Health for the XO:

Content:

*A repackaging of the 'Where there are no Doctors' and other works
 from the Hesperian foundation into HTML from the original source
 documents

*A collection of Wiki-sliced articles from Wikipedia

*A collection of images(copyleft) to help diagnose and instruct

*An updated version of the Human Physiology wikibook with audio

Software:
*We're researching what would be the best medical records software
for the XO. OpenMRS, OpenEHR, or VistA
*Designing a graphical activity to help patients track their symptoms
for correlation with diet or environmental factors

Hardware:
*A group has been designing a low cost ($10usd) device that does basic
health sensing, EKG, Blood Oxymeter, Digital Stethoscope, etc

*Our audio in port already allows basic voltage sensing via our Measure
activity

We are still in our foundation stages, so we would welcome the input and
collaboration of the Debian health community.  I'm working on documentation
and recruiting volunteers, but Arjun is the point of contact for organizing
our group.

Thank you for your interest in our project.