[OLPC library] OLPC-health

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Mon Feb 4 22:57:37 EST 2008

> I've been working on restructuring the [[Health]] pages on the wiki and I'm
> working my way into restructuring the participate and volunteering pages in
> general.  If we really want people to get involved, we need to better
> document what you're doing, what the work flow would be, what skills are
> required, and get the word out there.

Thats some great areas of effort and is definitely really needed. I
was talking with Mika the other day and we do also  concluded that
there has to be a clear mechanism for new volunteers to get
integrated. A good starting point would be a nice How to Participate
section on the wiki.

Also, Mika plans to make a few presentations at the Harvard School of
Public Health sometime in these coming weeks. The curriculum and the
projects that students are expected to take there are very similar to
some of the projects here. When volunteers and participants start
wanting to participate there should be some clear ways in which they
can start participating. Also, the current status of projects and
project plans if put up on the wiki, would really help.

Last of all, if any Boston/Cambridge area volunteers would like to
help Mika in the presentations at Harvard, please contact Mika
directly (cced here)

best,
Arjun