[OLPC library] [laptop.org #27437] Free mp3 files to learn 40 languages

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 00:58:17 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 4:02 PM,  <content at laptop.org> wrote:
> Hello Hannes,
>
> This looks like a lovely project.

I downloaded the files and listened to some of them. They consist
entirely of words spoken first in English, then in German. The only
value I find is that there are several speakers, male and female, with
what I take to be different regional dialects. Unless the license
would enable us to segment the files into entries in a small bilingual
spoken dictionary.

> Thank you for the contact and the
> offer. Are your Goethe Tests good things to distribute along with the
> audio?  What copyright license do you provide your work under?  All of
> our activities and collections are licensed for free reuse.
>
> You may also want to write to our library list, library at lists.laptop.org
>
> Sincerely,
> Samuel Klein
> One Laptop per Child
>
> On Fri Dec 12 18:17:48 2008, info at goethe-verlag.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We would like to contribute for free our nonprofit audio files to learn 40
>> languages to your project: www.book2.de
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Hannes
>>

>> Dr. Johannes Schumann