[OLPC library] Get involved - Measure Activity on the XO

Linda Hill celestialharp at juno.com
Sat Apr 19 06:21:53 EDT 2008

Arjun,

I'm just getting started working with my XO, and I built a temperature sensor with an LM35 chip. My intention is to have multiple sensors around the house, and read each of them separately. I am puzzling over how best to output a binary code to select which sensor I wish to read. I know that the USB port and the USB card that is being designed (and produced?) will allow me to communicate out from the XO, but is there some other way that I'm not thinking of that could be used?

I like it that I can get analog data into the XO so easily. Now I'd like to know how to get digital data out effectively.

Thanks,

Ray Phoenix