[OLPC library] Curly Logo / OLPC

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 02:30:49 EST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 12:28 PM, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:

> > Does someone on the list have a checklist of what David can do to
> > package Curly Logo for the XO?  Should it be made into an activity, or
> > be a part of the library?  If the latter, how do we handle
> > internationalization?
>
> It seems like an activity to me, but how an activity based on HTML and
> Javascript might work is an open question.  A question that should be
> answered.

TiddlyWiki is a portable personal Wiki that can incorporate a variety
of JS Tiddlers, such as a calendar. It is implemented in much the same
way, in HTML and JS. I always have mine with me on a flash stick so I
can use it on work or home computers, my borrowed XO, or any other
that I'm allowed to put the stick into.

> There's also things like persistence that would come up.  Ideally you
> could write programs and save them and share them.  Also, the images you
> make should also be shareable.  And it should be possible to use those
> images elsewhere in the system.  So it should fit in with the journal.

TiddlyWiki saves itself, the installed Tiddlers, and all of their data
as a single HTML file.

> This seems like a nice, concrete activity in which to think about how a
> web application can integrate with the system.

This, too. What do you think, sirs?

> --
> Ian Bicking : ianb at colorstudy.com : http://blog.ianbicking.org

Edward Cherlin