Qs on the kids doc for XO

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Sat Nov 17 15:34:48 EST 2007

Hello Anne,

HTML and PDF are the best formats for books and text.
we are using xbook to read pdf's, a flavor of evince.
It isn't currently compiled to read djvu; that's on the
list of features for update 1.

For the simplified guide : there are images from the 608 demo guide that
would make good additions.  And I would recommend starting the translation
pages with links to the older translations, but not with the older texts
themselves; the first translators will have a chance to copy over any
useful material.

As for requesting laptops, you can submit a proposal to the developer's
program but you are right that this is primarily for people developing new
materials, not for summer camps such as you describe.

You can leave other requests on the laptop requests page:
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Laptop_requests

Cheers,
SJ