Global Paper Doll Project

Beth Berry darnlucky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 14:50:20 EST 2007

Hi. I have started work on a Global Paper Dolls project that I would like to
contribute to One Laptop Per Child in 2008.

The project will be created by a group of developers and artists interested
in exploring humanities through Interactive computer play.

The idea is to create interactive paper dolls from various cultures and
countries, so that children can explore different types of clothes, food,
climates, music, toys, and people found throughout the world.

The hope is to create a completely symbol based user interface so that
language is not necessary to interact with the project.

I have put together a very quick and dirty sample with Scratch, that can be
found here: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/darnlucky/52128 . Of course this
sample is extremely simple, but will give you an idea of what I have in mind
in extremely short and basic order.

I am interested in working with someone in the Humanities who would like to
collaborate on content.

Thanks,
Beth Berry