design sketch for content stamping; questions about browser plug-ins and UI

Samuel Klein sjklein at hcs.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 21 16:37:01 EDT 2007

Primary needs are to give people who want to help curate or review
materials for the XO an easy way to organize their ideas and projects, and
to offer others a way to construct new views of material that has been
curated.

An initial implementation can be as a wiki project, where people define
groups, discuss how they would work and what standards they would use,
start linking to how they use existing review, and rank educational sites
and materials.

Secondary implementations:
  - as a web service that anyone can connect to
  - as a browser plugin
  - as a site extension for sites that already support ratings hosted on
crank (crowdtrust, ratepoint, &c)

A database of the reviews (which should be simple, but can point to more
elaborate individual reviews on other sites) and groups and users
should be set up [on crank would be fine].

SJ