OLPC/P2P

SJ Klein sj at laptop.org
Mon Mar 5 05:33:47 EST 2007

Hello Michel,

The library mailing list may be a suitable place for these discussions.

Mako is working on merging offline edits by many people to a single
document, which is part of the P2P problem for wikipedia and text editing
in general.

Next steps: we could use specific use cases.  What are the use cases
for which Tribler and P2P-Fusion are designed, what are expectations of
network connectivity, what are expectations of availability of material?

One problem we need to solve is how to discover material on a sporadically
connected network, and how to efficiently track where such material might
be found.  The interlibrary loan system and Tribler handle this
in different ways; we may want something different from either.