[OLPC library] [Localization] Red: XO end-user doc status update

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Fri Dec 7 10:42:00 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-07 at 00:01 -0800, Seth Woodworth wrote:
> Samy, Sj;
>
> I second the recommendation of holding off on translation.  Anne and I
> will be reworking much of the more prose-like (non-technical) material
> before this is finished.

Note that early deployments in volume will be in January, before summer
break (southern hemisphere).  So anything not in update.1 (for which we
have only a couple weeks left for translators to "do their thing"), will
likely wait more like 3-4 months from now.  Things that can be
translated soon would be good to get done, even if they only receive
Spanish translation initially. (early large deployments will be mostly
Uruguay and Perú).

Also note that many of the teachers will be Spanish speaking only (this
is true in the Arahuay trial for example); having library navigation in
English only is *really* lame.

The enemy of the good is the perfect...
                            - Jim

--