OLPC and Library Management - what is the aim?

Adam Robinson arobin30 at une.edu.au
Wed Dec 27 21:37:06 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm not clear of the goals of content work on B1.

The web is full of useful information in an evolving model, including sites like Wikipedia. The challenge is what to filter.

The governments who buy B1 will determine curriculum and hence content. The challenge is to provide the resources for those governments to build information from (since as I understand it governments are the primary target customers for the B1).

Based on this, is the goal to provide material that governments can use? Or a starter set of cached material, or links to that material on a web server? I don't think there can be a goal to control all content on the internet (though tell me if you disagree).

Adam
Sydney Australia