[OLPC India] Windows on OLPC XO 1.5

RJV jv.ravichandran at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 08:42:30 EDT 2012

Yes, I agree and no taking away the credit from your commendable efforts to
pioneering it, Mr Satish Jha.

Rather than attempting to change the world, the pragmatic way is to do
simple business. And in business, it is what the customer or the end-user
wants that should matter and not what a government thinks or a Sibal thinks!

If Sibal or the government has asked the market to wait till it brings
Aakash to come up to speed so that the XO does not become a monopoly in the
market, it is not even worth discussing about such business models.

So, the best way forward is to empower individuals to market and sell the
XO, with the OLPC values in perspective, and help establish retail stores
by the name of OLPC.

I suggest that the OLPC India mailing list too be unformed so that
individuals can come up with their own capabilities rather than be
"controlled" and "pressurised" to work under a model that will not succeed
because it depends on an entity called politics or government that is never
conducive to successful business.

The dependency, instead, should be endowed upon dedicated and committed
individuals who want to take OLPC to the kids in India - underpriviliged or
not should be of no concern as it is a matter of governance and not related
to education and learning..

It becomes a matter of government concern when news about lacs of units
being purchased gets to be aired. Keep the number to less and no longer
will the government be concerned as it will not challenge its position.
Attempting to make India learn a lesson is in no way a sane concern so let
the objectives be clear and that is, how to enable the XO to reach a kid in
India as is the main objective of the OLPC!

Regards,

Jv

--
Regards,