[OLPC India] Windows on OLPC XO 1.5

RJV jv.ravichandran at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 07:59:18 EDT 2012

In fact, the OLPC initiative, in India at least, should be bottom - top and
not top - bottom.

Politicians, in India, belong to a kind of functioning that will not be
productive to the OLPC initiative because politicians have their own
agenda, which will only add a heavy overhead to any marketing initiative
and act as a detriment to the success of the XO and I do not see why to
persist with a model that has not succeeded for 5 years.

That is why I believe that OLPC should not have a minimum number of units
order cap and allow for "no minimum quantity" provision!

Targeting top - bottom has not worked (to the extent that it should have,
no matter what the reason, 4 - 5 years is a long period of functioning) so
by targeting small schools or parents or even by providing for a retail
store for OLPC will be a more productive approach.

A retail store will also help in brand recall and can also serve as after
sales, service and demo centres.

A little help from OLPC is definitely required to change the direction of
the initiative in India and retailing is the buzzword today.

Regards,

Jv

Regards,

Ravichandran Jv