[OLPC India] Windows on OLPC XO 1.5

roopesh shenoy shenoy.roopesh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 07:42:51 EDT 2012

I don't understand - why would the same MLAs buy IPads (when it doesn't
work on windows obviously!) or try to promote Aakash tablet (which works on
Android), but have problems with seeing XO as just another computing device
with its own OS?

Don't call it a computer - tell them its' a device meant for kids.

On the other hand, could this be a branding issue with the XO? Unlike the
IPad where Apple spends a whole lot on advertising, there is very little
brand-recall for XO - that could be working against the project here. In
fact, the fact that it is not retailed might be adding to problems.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Roopesh