[OLPC India] windows on OLPC XO 1.5

Nagarjuna G nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Sat Sep 29 15:54:46 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 12:53 AM, Satish Jha <sjha at vsnl.com> wrote:
> Prof Nagarjuna,
>

> And this may give you an opportunity to educate them. 4 years and 7 digits
> poorer I have been through what it takes to get them to evolve. Its not
> something supporters of olpc can afford. By not calling everyone ignorant
> and mislead, and acknowledging they are where they are for historical
> reasons, by winning their mindshare slowly you may have an opportunity to
> make your point in due course. Alternatives are full of forebodings!

We need  not be in a hurry to change the world.  One wrong step may
mean so much of cleaning work for the people who will come after us.
This will make the process even more expensive.  Many of us have been
doing this for several years, 20 years for me.  Not only that I have
not become poorer, but have seen thousands of people coming out of the
jail during this time.  I am sure that we will soon get enough support
to reach the critical mass.  Not willing to give up.

Why should we want to lock up the children in a jail, and in turn the
future of the nation?

Any way, you know that I will not welcome this idea of installing a
Devil in a children's machine.

--
GN
http://beta.metaStudio.org/ reShaping Education