[OLPC India] Windows on OLPC XO 1.5

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 14:39:11 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Development Associates
<adhikaris at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Because state governments want it.

Is there a rationale behind the this "want"?

> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Nagarjuna G <nagarjun at gnowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 11:43 PM, Development Associates
>> <adhikaris at hotmail.com> wrote:

AFAIK, the last efforts to get Windows running on XO hardware were in
2008: Windows XP on the OLPC XO-1.0. I don't know that it was ever
pursued for the XO 1.5 since there was no significant demand. The new
generation of OLPC hardware is all ARM based, which pretty much
eliminates the possibility of Windows unless one were to look into
porting Windows 8. I don't think anyone has done that.

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs