[OLPC India] Hi All...Why taking product to market is so slow in laptop.org

Pradyot Sahu prady at ieee.org
Sun Nov 18 16:10:12 EST 2012

Hi Walter

Before anybody thinks anything otherwise, let me tell that I am a
long-time well-wisher of OLPC and a father of 6 year old kid who wants
a laptop or tablet to learn and play. I can buy him a below $50
Android tablet in India, but there is no suitable content for him like
you have in Sugar platform and I do not know how much durable the
tablet will be.

"Taking product to market" is about Product development lifecycle and
certainly the hardware...the laptop or tablet...we are waiting for so
long. I know there is an OLPC tablet prototype waiting for long
time....

I am comparing with very small Chinese contract tablet manufacturers
who work for-profit with large and well-funded non-profit.OLPC.(not
small non-profit organizations who bring the tablet to children)

After so many years, where is the tablet for my kid...? Why I can not
buy one in Internet? Just like Raspberry Pi ?
Please do not blame governments,...they will be like that for whatever
reasons...

but OLPC strategy of product development to market...hardware, of
course....can be changed....like Raspberry Pi ?

Thanks
Pradyot