[OLPC India] Marathi Primary school ebooks available for XO laptop

Harshal Jawale hjawale at gmail.com
Fri May 28 15:36:11 EDT 2010

Hello all,

It is my pleasure to make available Marathi Primary School ebooks for the XO
laptop for children in India,
http://olpc.pumba-online.com

I wrote to the Maharashtra State Govt Education Secretary informing him
about this project - just to be clear about copyrights etc. I have not heard
from anyone so I assume that there is no objection.

I would like to thank the following folks:

   - Soundar from Chennai for his fantastic continuing voluntary
   contribution in helping to scan these books.
   - My wife, Harshada for designing the HTML layout, images/thumbnails for
   the Marathi ebooks.
   - Alumni of PUMBA (Pune University MBA) for sponsoring the Marathi ebooks
   project. The localized educational content project wiki is being hosted on
   their website.
   - Various OLPC India volunteers for their inputs.

Work is underway to procure Hindi textbooks and Kannada textbooks. We need
volunteers to help with this and for other languages.
The ebooks are being released under Creative Commons so that they can be
used by others to build on top of it.

It would be great if few of you can test the books. After downloading on XO,
open the Browser. On left navigation, under Other, you will see link to the
ebooks.

After testing, it would be great to have volunteers help to pass these
ebooks to the school in
Khairat<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_India/Khairat_Chronicle>where
real students can use them on their XO.

cheers,