No subject

Sun Mar 22 06:29:49 EDT 2009

cceptability of XO Laptops by the Indian Government . However under the lea=
dership of  our  CEO Satish Jha we were able to counter huge resistance fro=
m the Indian Government and eventually succeded in convincing the Secretary=
 for Primary Education to support OLPC programme in India .=20
=20
I personally visited several states including Gujarat =2C Maharashtra =2C B=
ihar =2C Manipur =2C Karnataka =2C Andhra=2C besides Delhi to get One lapto=
p per child initiative implemented in the country . Proposal were sent to v=
arious states as well the Central government schools like Kendriya Vidyalay=
a Sangathan  which consists of 980 schools in the subcontinent =2C Navoday =
Vidyalay Sangathan with 600 schools and DAV Schools which has some 600 scho=
ols. Our efforts were also directed towards the corporates for social respo=
nsibility initiatives.=20
=20
The Indian Government=2C however=2C created another barrier to impede our p=
rogress towards successful implementation of  One laptop per child  program=
me . False reports claiming the invention of 10 dollar laptop  were circula=
ted in the media . These activities were done under the instructions of a f=
ew Joint Secretaries in the government of India who were against OLPC as we=
ll as anything that came from MIT Media Lab or Professor Negroponte.=20
=20
They did not want OLPC XO to succeed in India . The proposal which would ha=
ve come by end January got unnecessarily delayed and got stuck in the quagm=
ire of  beaucratic process . Again our team which consists of 8 senior peop=
le got their act together to  ensure that OLPC becomes acceptable . Our eff=
orts are finally paying dividends and one  state government has given an ap=
proval to implement OLPC and requested the Central Government to turn it in=
to a national initiative.=20
=20
We at OLPC India are confident that this programme will be successful in In=
dia albeit it is delayed due to the rigid attitude of some of the beaurcrat=
s . Even congress party leaders like Mr Rahul Gandhi have begun praising th=
is initiative .=20
=20
Looking forward to your support and suggestions=2C
=20
Sujay
--=20
---------------------------------
Sujay=20
Advisor=2C One Laptop per Child (OLPC India)
New Delhi
www.olpcindia.net
sujay at laptop.org
c:+919899002807
f: +13015604909

--_8e568fb2-911d-4e14-b83a-0a0da667cf76_

<head>
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 10pt=3B
font-family:Verdana
}
</head>
Seems like OLPC India is making some progress..<BR>
Finally one state has agreed to move ahead with it and that means decent nu=
mbers. I hear six digits. Not seven digits yet though.. Keep it up..<BR><BR=
><BR>
<DIV>
Sincerely=2C<BR>
S Adhikari<BR></DIV><BR><BR><BR>&nbsp=3B
<BR>
<HR id=3DstopSpelling>

<DIV>My name is Sujay and I work as an Advisor for One laptop per child Ind=
ia . I joined this organization&nbsp=3Bin late Nov&nbsp=3B 2008&nbsp=3B to&=
nbsp=3B focus on Business development in the country . Before joining OLPC =
India I worked in senior position of business development in Tata Teleservi=
ces=2C Xerox and Mahindra &amp=3B Mahindra Ltd . <BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>From the t=
ime I started&nbsp=3B my job we&nbsp=3Bfaced huge constrains&nbsp=3B regard=
ing the unacceptability of XO Laptops by the Indian Government . However un=
der the leadership of&nbsp=3B our&nbsp=3B CEO Satish Jha we were able to co=
unter huge resistance from the Indian Government and eventually succeded in=
 convincing the Secretary for Primary Education to support OLPC programme i=
n India . </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp=3B</DIV>
<DIV>I personally visited several states including Gujarat =2C Maharashtra =
=2C Bihar =2C Manipur =2C Karnataka =2C Andhra=2C besides Delhi to get One =
laptop per child initiative implemented in the country . Proposal were sent=
 to&nbsp=3Bvarious states as well the Central government schools like Kendr=
iya Vidyalaya Sangathan&nbsp=3B which consists of 980 schools in the subcon=
tinent =2C Navoday Vidyalay Sangathan with 600 schools and DAV Schools whic=
h&nbsp=3Bhas some 600 schools. Our efforts were also directed towards the c=
orporates for social responsibility initiatives. <BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>The Indian=
 Government=2C however=2C created another barrier to impede our progress to=
wards successful implementation of&nbsp=3B One laptop per child&nbsp=3B pro=
gramme . False reports claiming the invention of 10 dollar laptop&nbsp=3B w=
ere circulated in the media . These activities were done under the instruct=
ions of a few Joint Secretaries in the government of India who were against=
 OLPC as well as anything that came from MIT Media Lab or Professor Negropo=
nte. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp=3B</DIV>
<DIV>They did not want OLPC XO to succeed in India . The proposal which wou=
ld have come by end January got unnecessarily delayed and got stuck in the =
quagmire of&nbsp=3B beaucratic process . Again&nbsp=3Bour team which consis=
ts of 8 senior people got their act together to&nbsp=3B ensure that OLPC&nb=
sp=3Bbecomes acceptable . Our efforts are finally paying dividends and one&=
nbsp=3B state government&nbsp=3Bhas given an approval to implement OLPC and=
 requested the Central Government to turn it into a national initiative.&nb=
sp=3B<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>We&nbsp=3Bat OLPC India are&nbsp=3Bconfident that this=
 programme will be successful in India albeit it is delayed due to the rigi=
d attitude of some of the beaurcrats . Even congress party leaders like Mr =
Rahul Gandhi have begun praising this initiative . <BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>Looking =
forward to your support and suggestions=2C</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp=3B</DIV>
<DIV>Sujay<BR clear=3Dall><BR>-- <BR>---------------------------------<BR>S=
ujay <BR>Advisor=2C One Laptop per Child (OLPC India)<BR>New Delhi<BR><A hr=
ef=3D"http://www.olpcindia.net/">www.olpcindia.net</A><BR><A href=3D"mailto=
:sujay at laptop.org">sujay at laptop.org</A><BR>c:+919899002807<BR>f: +130156049=
09<BR></DIV></body>

--_8e568fb2-911d-4e14-b83a-0a0da667cf76_--