[OLPC India] OLPC India Ahmedabad Pilot - Question for the current deployments

Deepak Thakrar deepak at thakrar.co.uk
Sun Feb 22 11:40:22 EST 2009

Hello, I have previously been involved in  an OLPC implementation in
Afghanistan and I really want to see this initiative started in India.

I have been talking to an NGO in Ahmedabad which currently distributes
computers to village schools on behalf of India council. I would like to
provide this NGO with around 10 OLPC laptops just to get an initial
reaction.

In Afghanistan the laptops were provided by USAID and my role was more
concentrated on the economic development side.

For the India launch I am looking to self finance the initial purchase
of the laptops and just test the waters. My question is to the people
who initiated the current deployments, where did you purchase the
laptops from?

Thanks & Regards

Deepak Thakrar

MangoTree Group