No subject

Sat Aug 1 06:47:56 EDT 2009

=A0<br>
Some people point to the Digital Divide oundation. I understand that they h=
ave no relationship with OLPC India either.<br>
=A0<br>
However, the perception seems that there is a relationship of some kind. I =
think it will helpto clarify the position unambiguosly in the media so that=
.<br>
=A0<br>
Meanwhile, I understad that there is need for volunteers with technical ski=
lls in understandin OLPC both with Fedora and Windows. Do we have anyone ar=
ound Delhi who may be able to help meet a couple of prospects?<br>
Sincerely,<br>
India mailing list<br>
/lists.laptop.org/listinfo/india</a><br>
erely do not understand why you are having so much trouble understanding th=
e role that people have played and continue to play in OLPC deployments in =
India. Its a rather simple work ethic. *Anybody* can role up their sleeves =
and participate.=A0 I am curious though as to why you keep getting these qu=
estions. Are you an employee at OLPC?<br clear=3D"all">
/search?q=3Dkhairat</a> Heck, at this point, I&#39;d even say, try Bing. <a=
 href=3D"http://www.bing.com/search?q=3Dkhairat">http://www.bing.com/search=
?q=3Dkhairat</a><br>
out in your post earlier) and a bunch of others. I met some of them in Indi=
a last year. They are located at Reliance&#39;s campus east of Mumbai. This=
 is the Digital Bridge Foundation, not the Digital Divide Foundation, as yo=
u erroneously pointed out. They are real. I am sure you can meet with them =
if you ask nicely.=A0 From this article: <a href=3D"http://www.zdnetasia.co=
m/news/hardware/0,39042972,62044520,00.htm">http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/h=
ardware/0,39042972,62044520,00.htm</a><br>
by
Indian billionaire Anil Ambani, is providing the technology backbone
and logistics for the installation of OLPC&#39;s white and green XO laptops
in primary schools.
&quot;<br><br>As for whatever &quot;OLPC India&quot; is supposed to be? Wel=
l, nobody seems to know. This list is dead for all practical purposes, othe=
r than occasional posts to purposefully vague newspaper articles. As far as=
 I am concerned &quot;OLPC India&quot; is pointless unless it *does* someth=
ing. &quot;olpc india&quot; on the other hand seems to be getting some plac=
e. Notice the difference in upper and lower case. <a href=3D"http://blog.la=
ptop.org/exploring-sustainable-education/">http://blog.laptop.org/exploring=
-sustainable-education/</a><br>
PC_India">http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_India</a> and see some of the othe=
r deployments such as being undertaken by private citizens and schools. Yes=
, we all wish things were a little more open and communicative, but that&#3=
9;s wishful thinking. <br>
ng from) to actively build a community around FOSS projects, content, langu=
ages, etc. because whenever this project does take off in India, all those =
communities will be sorely needed. <br>
sor of Information Systems<br>San Francisco State University<br>San Francis=
co CA 94132 USA<br><a href=3D"http://verma.sfsu.edu/">http://verma.sfsu.edu=
/</a><br>

--002215048447bf011004701b2913--