[OLPC India] Computer Teacher Needed

Asksst at aol.com Asksst at aol.com
Mon Sep 1 12:31:58 EDT 2008

Dear Marc,
We are also planning to get XO laptops (with Windows & Office) in our
school, which is in Fatehpur district, about 80 km from Kanpur. We have  grades 6-12
(Hindi medium) and can provide living quarters to the teachers.The  principal
and one computer teacher live on campus, however, their salaries are  low
(Rs. 3000-3500), as the tuition we charge ranges between Rs. 50-100/mo  only.

What salary does your school pay to computer teachers? Can we get any
teachers from south to teach at our school. We are also planning to give a
"Certificate in Computers" to those who pass high school (grade 10) and  Intermediate
(grade 12) and additional vocational computer courses, to  community youth.
However, getting qualified teachers is a major hurdle.

Will greatly appreciate any help & advise.
Thanks ........... Sheel Thakur
_sst38 at columbia.edu_ (mailto:sst38 at columbia.edu)

In a message dated 9/1/2008 12:00:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,