[OLPC India] OLPC as Project of the Day at FOSS.in

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 14:25:57 EDT 2008

Hello,

The CFP for FOSS.in 2008, one of the largest Free/Open Source Software
conference in Asia, is out, and this time they are following a very
different format, with the emphasis on _producing code_. The CFP is at
http://foss.in/news/call-for-participation.html

I'm thinking of proposing OLPC as a Project of the Day (or maybe a
FOSS Workout - though I don't think much can be achieved in 3 hours).

Possible talks that come to my mind  (and on which I can talk with,
some effort) include:

a) Developing Sugar activities with GTK+
b) Hacking Sugar
c) Collaboration in Sugar
d) Developing Sugar Activities with PyGame

Is anyone interested in presenting anything else on OLPC in FOSS.in ?

Possible projects/workout sessions I'm willing to help coordinate
include a Media (audio/video) viewer for Browse (similar to the PDF
viewer I came up a few days back), a Translate sugar activity for on
the fly translation of activities. Are there any projects/features
which you can think of which can reach a demo-able state after one day
of (possibly distributed) hacking ? If you cna think of them, do you
think it will be possible for you to come to FOSS.in and help
coordinate the hacking session ?

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--