[OLPC India] Connectivity aspects of XO

Ankur Verma ankur at laptop.org
Fri Oct 3 12:55:13 EDT 2008

Thank you for your feedback.

Real speed indeed varies from the theoretical values due to different
testing conditions. EVDO Modem has been launched by BSNL giving reliable
speed and coverage at inaccessible areas [1].

In countries like India, it is possible to move to 4G networks bypassing 3G
using the infrastructure of existing optical fiber networks in India; thus
reaching rural areas with minimal costs.[2]

Best,
Ankur Verma

[1] http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/india/2008-July/000450.html
[2] http://voicendata.ciol.com/content/convergence/technology/102081902.asp