[OLPC India] President APJ Abdul Kalam shows keen interest in OLPC XO

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sun Nov 23 16:54:32 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Satish Jha OLPC <satish at laptop.org> wrote:
> I spent a part of this afternoon with President Kalam together with my
> colleague Amit Bhatia.
>
> As always, President Kalam was very encoraging, said we were trying to live
> his dream of saving the children from carrying a cruel load and connected us
> to a couple of potential key drivers for the deployment of OLPC in India.
>
> Clearly a people's president..
> --
> -- Satish Jha
> President & CEO
> One Laptop per Child, OLPC India
> One Cambridge Center,
> Cambridge, MA 02142
> T: 301 841 7422
> F: 301 560 4909
> IN: +91 98 75 68 39 50
> www.laptop.org

Hi Satish,

Congratulations!!! President Kalam is clearly a sharp man with a
pragmatic view of education. He's also an avid supporter of Free and
Open Source Software
(http://www.google.com/search?q=abdul+kalam+open+source), and
considering that he works with systems, he understands the value of
FOSS well beyond just a rhetoric or statement of fashion.

His blessings are really important. I hope you've given him a
Sugar-loaded XO as a memento.

cheers,
Sameer
--