[OLPC India] Issues on the ground

Satish Jha OLPC satish at laptop.org
Sun Nov 9 06:55:43 EST 2008

>  *1. The pilot starts with small numbers. How to order and get them at a
> reasonable price. *

We need to scale up on pilots as well.. Prices are cost based and OLPC does
not charge a margin. However, smaller shipments have a higher per
unit overhead and that reflects in the price differential per lot size. What
is teh size of yoru pilot? May I request some more information? May I call
you?

As regards the following, I am taking it up with the folks who are leading
the respective areas.

  *2. Need  for CDs of XO-1 and XS images/ installation software. These are