[OLPC India] greetings from a mobile XO

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Nov 6 11:56:37 EST 2008

Hello OLPC India enthusiasts,

I am writing to you from somewhere between Itarsi and Nagpur as Patna
Express hurtles down the tracks towards Hyderabad. I am using a GPRS
connection :-) A truly mobile XO! Perhaps even a first in India!

I've been largely offline but have been busy demo'ing and presenting
the project  in India at IT BHU, Jaunpur, Bhagmalpur, Allahabad and a
couple other places.

I also visited Khairat...what an impressive bunch of kids!

I will share photos and details soon. I will be in Hyderabad from the
7th (that is if the train gets there tomorrow... its already 8 hours
late) to the 11th. My no is 9930436675 in case someone wants to meet
up.

cheers,

Sameer
--