[OLPC India] India Digest, Vol 23, Issue 11

Marc Valentin mvalentin at oeuvredespains.org
Sun Nov 2 08:24:09 EST 2008

On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Saurabh Adhikari <adhikaris at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Most of your posts seem full of personal attacks and ignorance.. and seldom
> clarify a point..

It is more disappointment than personal attacks. Satish Jha fired the
team who implemented the pilots in India ("this is not OLPC India"),
but now nothing is moving. I wonder if there is a new team somewhere.
A website was in construction by the 'old' team and he (?) blocked the
development : http://www.olpc.co.in It is very clear that a dedicated
website is needed so informations and discussions can be presented in
a proper way. Also, an online forum is a much better way to
communicate, threads are more clear, you are not forced to read all
the messages and you can see who are the people behind the names.
The last update on the wiki page on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_India was done by the 'old' team in
september...

Now about ignorance... we are running a private pilot project, we got
XOs from OLPC India, we met the 'old' team in Mumbay and we
participated to the video conferencing of 4th of August
(http://www.olpc.co.in/olpcindiaday/index.html). After that, we didn't
see anything happening. No contact, no visit, no support (no
proposition to upgrade to Software Release 8.2.0 for example), that is
why I was writing in another email "you are alone".

I am tired of clarifying points, because of the nature of 'lists', we
are forced here to repeat again and again the same things.
You could just go through the archives of the list but nobody does
that, too boring, bad presentation.