[OLPC India] Fwd: [Gsoc] Google Summer of Code 2008

Manusheel Gupta manu at laptop.org
Sun Mar 23 17:23:31 EDT 2008

FYI

-Manu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 4:25 AM
Subject: [Gsoc] Google Summer of Code 2008 : welcome to the OLPC discussion
list
To: "Google Summer of Code @ OLPC list" <gsoc at lists.laptop.org>

Dear gsoc'ers,

I sent some of you this email as a welcome to the list when you were
subscribed : welcome to the OLPC Summer of Code mailing list!   This list is
for anything and everything related to Summer of Code at OLPC.  Feel free to
ask any questions you have, propose new project ideas, or discuss the
relative priority of the proposals on the Summer of Code ideas page.[1]

We are currently recruiting mentors; please point potentially interested
people at our SoC overview page : http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Summer_of_Code

We will be accepting student applications through Google's interface for the
duration of next week.

Best wishes, and welcome again,
SJ Klein
sj at laptop.org
+1 617 529 4266

[1] As a few people noted in our IRC discussion today, the ideas page should
be shorter and better classified according to interest (among mentors) in
the projects there.  Please help revise them and sort the unfinished ones to
a separate section.  (if you are currently working on olpc projects, feel
free to start a separate section for potential projects related to your
group's work).