[OLPC India] Common Concerns in Pilots

amit gogna amitg at laptop.org
Sun Jul 13 15:35:19 EDT 2008

Yes and the coming www.olpc.co.in website would make it even more easier.

> 2. Need  for CDs of XO-1 and XS images/ installation software. These are so
> huge that many people cant down load them

This task could be undertaken by local repair centers.

> 3. Training of teachers and technical teams

This is something we are planning to work out.  harriet at laptop.org is
working on this aspect.

> 4. A transition plan from the conventional teaching of today to OLPC based
> education. This may involve some courseware and interactive learning
> packages to be developed broadly in line with 'standard syllabus'. This
> would be a huge task

I think if we can gather enough interest in volunteers across various states

> 5. A help line to get technical support when the local resources run into a
> wall.

point noted.

> 6. The negative stance of the Government is big dampener and inhibits
> Administrators and potential funders. Can we do something to shift negative
> stance of the Government?

We are planning to invite some bureaucrats for the  OLPC India Day  event.
Lets
see how it goes.

Amit

    olpcindiaday.blogspot.com