[OLPC India] XO laptops in retail stores ?

Manusheel Gupta manu at laptop.org
Sun Jul 13 00:44:26 EDT 2008

Marc,

Thanks for writing to us.

I think if XO laptops will be made available in retail stores in India, it
will be on a Give 1 Get 1 basis, or on a model based on similar lines. We
are a non-profit organization, and will continue to maintain our non-profit
status.

Our mission statement is:

* To eliminate poverty and create world peace by providing education to the
poorest and most remote children on the
 planet by making them more active in their own learning, through
collaborative and creative activities, connected to the
 Internet, with their own laptop, as a human right and cost free to them.*
* *
We are in discussion stage on this subject. I don't see any diversification
from our mission statement.

Regards,
Manu

Manusheel Gupta