[OLPC India] Some queries on OLPC and its Connectivity

Hemant Goyal goyal.hemant at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 01:36:52 EST 2008

Hello Chitra,

But I have a doubt more. Did XO can access google without a Internet
> connection? If not where can I connect the Internet cable. I haven't find
> any port for it. Have you any experience on working like that?

XO needs a wirelss network to connect to the Internet. You cannot connect
the XO  through a (RJ45) cable.

If you're on a broadband connection then you can call up your Internet
Service Provider and ask them to install a wireless router for you.

Once you are through getting the wireless router installed, you can use the
Browse activity that is present on the XO to surf the internet. You can find
more information about Browse activity here :
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Browse.

Best,
--
Hemant Goyal