[OLPC India] Which school books ?

Marc Valentin mvalentin at oeuvredespains.org
Wed Jan 16 08:26:09 EST 2008

Hi,
In our school, they use the school books series "My Computer" done by
"R.P. Gupta & Sons - Delhi 110051". Class 1 to 5.
These books explain hardware, that is ok, but all of the software part
is focused on Microsoft Windows (Paint, MSWord, etc.).
I wish I could replace these books by some other company's books
having a more "neutral" approach. We are going to start using a few
Asus EeePC and XOs, so I would like to find books useful with that
context. Do you have any suggestion ?
Another question is : syllabus. What is defined in the CBSE syllabus
for the computer class ? Is it fine to teach Linux in higher class or
CBSE is forcing to teach MS Windows ?
-marc valentin-