[OLPC India] [Community-news] OLPC News 2007-10-20

Peter A. Sharp sharpencil at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 11 18:05:49 EST 2008

Dear Arjun Sarwal,

I saw your cow power video just by chance. I invent things
for fun, and I have some concepts that might be of some use
to you for minimizing the cost of generating electricity
using cows and people.

You did a very nice job on your generator. If you need to
reduce costs further, let me know and I'll tell you about
some gadgets I've invented that might help. Some are just
drawings that explain a new principle, and some are models
that I built to prove that a concept would work.

Here is a concept that I just thought up. Use a kids
merry-go- round to generate the power. So the kids generate
their own power while having fun playing. There is a water
pump that provides village water using this technique. It
works well, but it is expensive. it could be built much
cheaper using local parts and labor. The kids push the
merry-go-round and jump on to ride it in circles. Only part
of their energy is needed to run the pump. The kids love it.
It becomes their most favored playground device. See the
website of Play Pumps International.

Sincerely,

Peter Allen Sharp
2786 Bellaire Place