[OLPC India] Fwd: Laptops for kids? Geeks, language developers are interested

Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोंया fredericknoronha at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 03:11:41 EST 2008

A query ... please help. CC your reply to harleyblue at yahoo.com who I'm
not sure if is on this list. FN

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: harleyblue <harleyblue at yahoo.com>
Date: 9 Feb 2008 06:24
Subject: Re: [OLPC India] Laptops for kids? Geeks, language developers
are interested
To: "Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया]"
<fred at bytesforall.org>

I have been reading these posts with interest since I joined in 2006.
Is there a feasible way to get the laptops to India? I live in the U.S.

I visited India so I understand some of the issues surrounding this.

Donn

"Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया]"
<fred at bytesforall.org> wrote:
Laptops for kids? Geeks, language developers are interested
http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=dc0209ef-eeb1-4617-9d61-e3c84e451f0a&&Headline=Laptops+for+kids%3f+Geeks%2c+language+developers...

India's official response to a project to spread low-cost computers
among school students was not too enthusiastic. But that has not
stopped techies from seizing the opportunity.

--
Frederick Noronha http://fn.goa-india.org Ph +91-832-2409490
The Goa books blog: http://goabooks.wordpress.com