[OLPC India] 60 XO's ???

Marc Valentin mvalentin at oeuvredespains.org
Fri Feb 29 03:54:03 EST 2008

Today I started teaching the children with the "Record" app (some
children from class 3 and 4). I sent them all over the school making
pictures of buildings, teachers, etc. I started with 13 children (for
9 XO) and at the end they were more than 30... (Some students didn't
have class at that time and joined).
Yesterday I had one child for one laptop, today I had 2 to 4 children
per laptop. This is very difficult because, they are not used to
"share". The indian society is based on inequality, the powerful one
is respected and the weak one is depraved.
So, if you can help me getting more laptops for a better teaching, you
are welcome. I read Reliance is distributing laptops ? On which base
are you distributing them ? Do you have a phone contact number we
could call to discuss possibilities ?
At the moment, we have two Reliance R-Connect connections, so we are
good Reliance customers. :-)
By the way, yesterday, I did the demonstration of the "Acoustic Tape
Measure" application" to two teachers. They were impressed. I hope
they will use it for their science class.
-Marc Valentin-
Oeuvre des pains asbl
http://www.OeuvreDesPains.org