[OLPC India] India Digest, Vol 17, Issue 11

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Wed Apr 30 02:19:17 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> amit gogna wrote:
>  > Here is the link for you to know more about deployments happening in
>  > Bangalore.
>  >
>  > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC-Bangalore
>  >
>  > Amit
>  Hi Amit,
>
>  This is a great start. We need documents on the wiki that can help a new
>  person understand the "workflow" for a proposal, requesting laptops,
>  training, infrastructure, etc. I think what the India list needs is a
>  strong core team that can handle different aspects from logistics to
>  technology to social aspects. Obviously any one person cannot do these
>  things.

Hello Dr Verma

Amit is also helped by a team of about 8-9 other people who will help
him in this regard. Amit can perhaps introduce his team once on the
list ?
However, I believe that efforts from volunteers would effectively help
scale all operations as the 8-9 people team wouldn't be able to look
into all aspects of deployment at all places.

This is where your help comes in, and we hope that by doing planning
on the wiki in a collaborative and transparent sort of manner, we can
encourage volunteers to take on roles in the process and oversee
aspects.

The starting document we are referring to is the deployment guide
posted by Walter (ex - President , OLPC) here
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Deployment_Guide

Thank you , again, for your support. We look forward to working with you.

best regards
Arjun